The nation's premier independent broker/dealer
Helping you establish a competitive, successful practice is at the heart of LPL Financial. Using open product architecture and innovative fee-based programs-coupled with independent research, customized technology, and robust compliance and legal support - we provide you with the tools and flexibility you need to develop a business that best matches your clients' needs and your goals.
No matter how you envision the future of your practice, our comprehensive support and broad range of innovative business models can enable you to build and grow your business, your way. Contact David Fernquist at [email protected] for more information about why LPL Financial and the Great Lakes Advisor Group makes sense if you're looking to move your practice.
Strength and Commitment
Strengths of LPL Financial
LPL Financial is a powerful partner for entrepreneurial financial advisors seeking to create their own successful businesses. Since our inception, helping financial advisors establish competitive, independent practices has been at the heart of our mission. Our goal is to help our independent advisors become the providers of choice for investment advice in the communities they serve.
LPL Financial brings decades of industry leadership and innovation to serving the growing needs of the financial advisor and broker/dealer communities. We are committed to being the premier independent broker/dealer in the country.* This goal drives every decision we make, from the hiring of talented and experienced staff, to our investments in technology, communications and sales support.
* As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2012, based on total revenue.
Advisor Support and Infrastructure
A low 5:1 advisor-to-employee ratio for maximum access and serviceUnparalleled support and service from more than 2,900 employees
Objective research that includes asset allocation strategies and model portfolios
- A broad range of competitive and customizable fee-based asset management programs
- Cutting-edge technology software tools and packages, including WealthVision and BranchNet
- Industry-high payouts as high as 98%.
For more than 20 years, the LPL Financial Commitment Creed has been central to our culture and reflects our firm’s singular focus on serving the customer, our financial advisors. Our 2,900+ employees in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego come to work every day focused on living this commitment.
Whether supporting a financial advisor, a program manager at a financial institution, or a broker/dealer using our customized clearing services, LPL Financial enables our customers to create and grow highly profitable businesses by providing them with the services and tools to meet the needs of their clients.
- Our customers are the most important people to our company.
- Our customers are not an interruption of our work. They are the purpose of it. We appreciate every day the opportunity to earn their business.
- Our customers share our commitment to excellence and encourage us to innovate.
- We are 100 percent committed to our customers’ growth, passionate about their success, and exceedingly proud to be their partner.
- Our customers rely on us to help them prosper. It is our job to do so profitably.
LPL is one of the "most-desired destinations for potential breakaway financial advisers*" according to a report by Cogent Research. Read Why.
*Source: Cogent Research® Advisor Channel Migration TrendsTM 2012